Sunday, September 13, 2009

Tree: Part 2

Afternoon to all my wonderful blog friends... actually I don't have any blog friends yet but I'm sure that one day I will. I thought I'd post a picture of my little tree. Currently it's looking a little sad and quite small. There is such such expectant hope in that little tree. I've planted it, watered it, mulched it, watered it, photographed it, watered it. Did I mention that little tree's require lot's of water at first?

I wonder if that's how God feels about us? I wonder if He thinks: "There's so much potential, so much life - now is she going to grow where I've planted her?" The only hope I have of ever growing is to be watered, daily, by the living water. I could go on and on with this analogy, but I'll spare everyone. I find myself "planted" in a place that I swore I would never live (you know what they say about saying never, right? It's true.) The challenge is to embrace this life that God has given me with all of it's growth opportunities (translation: challenges).

My current challenge is church. About a year ago I was in a car accident - recovery is complete minus the migraines. I now have a daily headache that spikes to migraine level about one a week. When we moved it became clear that commuting to our old church wasn't very conducive to being involved in church life. So we're church shopping for one that's closer to home. Lately my migraines have been happening on the weekend. On one hand that's nice because it means that I don't have to miss work, but on the other hand it means that I spend most of my weekends in bed. Not so fun. Anyway, I don't want to go to a new church and say, "Hi, my name is Jenny. I have a migraine." Then again, if church is about being real, transparent and living life with one another it shouldn't mater to me if I have a migraine. Right? Pride, stupid pride.

My little tree lost a couple of limbs in the process of getting planted yet it is still growing. I wonder if that's what God wants me to do with my headaches and church?

Jenny

P.S. I'm still learning how to blog so things look a bit goofy. Below is a picture of my little tree.

2 comments:

  1. My comment was turning into a book so I'm keeping it simple. Yes, bloom where you are planted because God has a plan. He always does. Congratulations on your first home.

    I will pray for you that your migraines go away. Moved to Oregon 4 years ago with a hubby transfer and love it here. Also have church settling issues so we attend two, an hour away from each other, which I know seems weird but it works for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marla - thanks for stoping by. My next post I was planning on asking how these blog things work. Welcome to the Pacific Northwest! Isn't it wonderful? I've been here since 1991 and I love. The city I live in leaves a bit to be desired but I'm sure I'll grow to love it . Thanks for praying for me, I love that with Christ all things are possible. Have a great evening. Jenny

    ReplyDelete